10.02.2006

Fall in Iowa....


So do you think Kennedy enjoyed her first convertible ride???? Actually the wind kept blowing in her eyes so it wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been, but here in this photo she is screaming with joy as we went fast!!

Kennedy, Isabel the dog, and I went to Iowa for the weekend. Jeff stayed in Kansas City and went to 2 days of NASCAR races since he and his dad had free tickets!
Kennedy had many adventures while in Iowa! We went to Howell's and she had the BEST time! You can see her riding a small tractor around a track - while Randy pushed her! She climbed some pumpkins with Randy's help.
She played in a huge "sand" box of corn kernels! If that isn't Iowa I don't know what is! A hay bail maze was one of her favorite things! She ran and ran and ran through it! I love the photo I captured of her great grandparents watching her! Aren't they cute?!







Kennedy might have loved the animals most of all!!! Those goats get her all the time! But she also got to pet a rabbit which was a new experience!!
While in Des Moines I ran a 5k with Randy, Ryan and Lindsay. I hadn't ran since getting pregnant with Kennedy and I didn't train at all. So I was happy just to finish! Hopefully this will be the kick in the rear I need to get back into my running routine!
Another big event this weekend was Kennedy saying her first SENTENCES!!!! She said "You come too" "Where is Izzy" and "What you doing?" I was floored!! My baby girl is growing too fast!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Love all the photo's Danielle.

Martha *aka mamapickles* said...

Danielle these pictures are the cutest!!! :)

*k said...

she is definetely a little adventurer danielle! great photos... i'm still laughing about the convertible! :)

Dana Tate said...

okay were you sooo nervous about the converable...i would have been. My kennedy would have loved it...we used to go to the nascar race in kc...jt loves that stuff...

MichelleLanning said...

I love those pics Danielle -- K looks sooo happy!! That car ride looked fun!!!!