12.18.2007

A gingerbread house and photos!

Last week we were watching some show that had a gingerbread house on it. Kennedy thought it looked so cool! So we went out and bought a kit! Really Jeff and I made it and decorated it and Kennedy mostly ate small pieces while we worked! But it was still fun! Below she is being silly and posing with her house!
We have kept VERY busy of course!! But on Sunday Kennedy came down with a fever. Poor girl just wanted to lie around all day. And for those of you who know Kennedy, she DOESN'T just lie around! I had hoped to play with my camera and some lighting and get some shots of her. And she actually was happy to sit and lie on the bed while I took some shots! Poor girl has a 102 temp in the photos - can you see her pink cheeks?!

* all photos are taken with my kit lens
* automatic setting
* no flash




I would love to get any and all feedback! I tried to get her to face the window to get better catch lights...but her eyes just won't "light up" like I want them to! Any suggestions?
Also, the bottom shot has a shadow I would like to lighten..any of you have Photoshop tips for me?!
Lastly, I know many of you gals use actions. Can you suggest a good b/w action for these?

Thanks for helping me learn ladies!!!

13 comments:

tonya said...

I'm not sure I have any suggestions. I really like them, she's so cute.

Jane said...

I kinda know what you were looking for but don't know what to tell you...I think these are just precious!!! REALLY! maybe another room or something...wish I could help..just try differnt things!! I really like the one where she is laying down!!

cherie said...

cute shots ! have not tackled inside photography yet......and am a photoshop beginner.

AgilityIG said...

Adorable pictures! I really love that she is not smiling in all of them. I love serious or semi serious portraits - they seem so much more "real". KWIM? Great job!!

DeannaKyresPhotos said...

Ooh those bunch of photos are all terrific! I'm not sure on the catch lights either. I thought if the subject was facing the light it should just ... happen... I've got to try it out some too. I think these are really beautiful though!

I have a few links in my blog to photoshop tutorials I'm enjoying so far... I'm not sure what you would want to do with these photos though. They are so fantastic on their own :)

~Ane~ said...

oh i really like the first B/W phot, pretty! there is ways to get more shadows, or darken the shadows that are in the pics. look around under image and adjusting in your photoshop.

Sandie Dunn said...

Hi Dani! Yip, these are getting much better. ;) I like these a lot. The natural light is really good and the catch lights are there. ;) I like the first black and white the most and also like the tilt of the second b&w. Great work!

CameraChick said...

I love her expressions on these and the second photo is adorable! I'm having issues with the same things on my indoor lighting.

Queen of Paper said...

I love the house! cut pics...Merry Christmas

kristy.lynn said...

great pictures Danielle! Sorry to hear she was sick!

hope you guys had an awesome christmas!

Emilie Ahern said...

I use Mindy's Photoshop Actions found here:
http://mindysphotoactions.blogspot.com

They are affordable and just perfect for me. She has a few different black and white options as well as an eye brightening tool! Yeah Baby!

Jenney said...

To get more light on her face, try placing a piece of white foamboard across the room from the light source (window.) Also, if the light is too harsh, you can have someone else hold up the foamboard between her face and the window. I can make a big difference!

gilmoregirl75 said...

Adorable photos