7.02.2008

Blueberries Anyone??




Kennedy and I went blueberry picking today!!!!! We drove 30minutes to The Berry Patch! What fun! We got there before 8:30am so they wouldn't be picked out for the day - and I was so glad we got there early! We beat the rush!





Kennedy had a great time for the first few bushes! She said things like "This place makes me smile" and "We are having such a fun day." But after 10minutes she was done picking! She was fairly content to watch me pick though! Especially because she could just sit and eat berries then!




The Berry Patch also had a kids area complete with hay bails, a huge slide, balancing beams, a rope obstacle course and more! There was a blue train as well that Kennedy HAD to ride on! In the gift shop she got a cookie and I got some delicious blueberry lemonade....YUMMO!


So this afternoon I started baking with the berries! I tried a Blueberry Buckle recipe you can find here. And a fruit cobbler recipe you can find here.


We haven't tasted them yet but I will let you all know what we think of them!!!! And yes, Iowa family - we will be bringing MORE yummy blueberry treats when we visit this weekend!!!!!

I hope you all have a happy and safe July 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Leigh said...

I love the pictures that you took! I'm not-so-patiently waiting for us to be able to go strawberry picking. :)

dannisdoodles said...

OMGosh, everything looks so yummy! What a fun day for both of you, she's a beautiful baby doll Danielle! Have a wonderful and blessed 4th my friend!

hugs & love!
danni

Heather said...

Mmmmm! Those look so yummy. I love blueberries! Fun pics--Kennedy looks so cute and I love her little dress!

Staci said...

Wow, those dishes look yummy!! Blueberry picking looked like so much fun! My friend and I have been talking about taking our kids to do that around here, now i'm totally inspired to!

erin said...

omgosh, that sounds like such a fun way to spend the day! we went cherry picking earlier this year, so much fun. tfs!
happy holiday!

Jennifer said...

Mmmmm...looks good and fun!! Kennedy has the sweetest face, her eyes are just beautiful! Can't wait to pick blueberries here.

Miss Em said...

Yum! Looks good. Have a wonderful 4th and enjoy your blueberries.

Danielle said...

Looks like so much fun! and so YUMMY!!!! Enjoy!

Leslie Ashe said...

I LOVE your blueberry pics Danielle!! Your recipes look DELISH! I'm coming to YOUR house for treats :)
Kennedy is just GORGEOUS!

I hope your 4th is so SPARKLY and FUN!! Hugs to you!

Leslie

kristy.lynn said...

oh wow!
looks like she had a blast!!! :)

princessofsomething said...

yum yum yum. I can't help but notice that you didn't bring *me* any. LOL