7.08.2007

Fireworks!

This was my first attempt at shooting fireworks the RIGHT way!!!
It is the first time I have shot manual!
And it is the first time I have shot in RAW!!!!
We were quite a ways away from the actual fireworks because Kennedy doesn't like the sound!
I did use a tripod, though!

I changed the setting multiple times to try to get a feel for it so I will post each photo's stats individually!

Canon Digi Rebel
18-55mm kit lens


ISO 100 F/10 shutter speed 30 sec. no flash

ISO 100 f/22 shutter speed 30 sec no flash

ISO 100 f/4.5 shutter speed 10 sec no flash


ISO 100 f/10 shutter speed 30 sec no flash


ISO 100 f /11 shutter speed 2.5 sec no flash


ISO 100 f/5.6 shutter speed 30 sec no flash

ISO 100 f/10 shutter speed 10 sec no flash


And a funny shot of Grandpa Lou, Daddy and Kennedy watching the show! We had seen a smaller show up close on the 3rd. Kennedy did NOT like the noise and wanted Daddy to plug her ears the entire time! So on the 4th we parked a bit away and camped out so we could just enjoy the sights! The sound wasn't bad and she loved the show! She called them "sparkles!"As always, CC is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

16 comments:

kristy.lynn said...

OMG!!!!! Danielle... these are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I had hoped to get some sky high works, so i could practice... but just the low-key home ones for us this year!!!!! :)

Lynn/annasmom said...

I think you did a great job! #5 is my favorite! Excellent work.

cherie said...

#5 is great. Think you did a wonderful job on them all.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! These are amazing. Think you have it figured out. (Too bad we have to wait a year to try again.) Yes, number 5 is FABULOUS, even with the little bit of shake. So, how do you like RAW???

Jamie

Monica said...

oh Danielle!! Those are awesome!! You don't need me at all!!! lol but we should still get together and play :)

Charley Madden said...

GREAT fireworks photos!!!! I love them!!!

MichelleLanning said...

Danielle - wow girl these are awesome!! I need you to teach me!! When I get my camera of course:)

mrsdinlv said...

Wow! Awesome fireworks shots Danielle! Love the new look of your blog, btw!

scrappy77 said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th! Glad she enjoyed the fireworks! These are very cool pictures!

heather taylor photography said...

LOOOOOVE the shots! They're so clear and sharp, very nice! Welcome to the world of RAW... it's wonderful. :)

Jenney said...

You did a great job!!!! These all look great!

Naranjos said...

Well ma'am I think you did a great job!! These are wonderful and thank you for sharing!!

Jane said...

wow!! I can't believe you took these raw...I haven't gone there yet!! any way they are great!!!

Anna said...

Your firework photos are so cool!

Dana Tate said...

your fireworks shots rock!!!!!

pixelchick said...

Awesome shots!!