7.01.2007

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It rained here for 4 days straight and we are sick of it!!!! Today it was cloudy and gloomy but no rain thank goodness! Kennedy and I were getting stir crazy! We have done LOTS of reading and some baking. We have watched Dora and The Wiggles, too!! Speaking of - below is Kennedy modeling her Backpack - or Packack as she calls it!!!
Because of the rain I was able to do a little scrapping! I fear my mojo has left me temporarily, so I have been creating quite a few cards instead. Below is just one of them. It was for the Caardvarks challenge to use circle punches. I used 9 punches for the petals and one for the flower center. And stitched around each one!

ETA: I had to take down the photos of my card! It was accepted for publication! So look for it in the November issue of CARDS magazine!

And I did do one layout. It is not AT ALL what I intended it to look like! But, hey, I got the photo scrapped!!! ;)


Have a great 4th of July everyone and stay safe!!!!!!!!!!

20 comments:

Monica said...

Kennedy is toooo cute!!! Love the scrapping you did. They look inspired to me!

Monica said...

OH yeah.. forgot to tell you I LOVE how you took the photos of the scrap page! Great depth of field with those detail shots!

cherie said...

great cards and layouts. love that blue and green together. fun story of the backpack my oldest use to call them packbacks.kids are just the best!

Dana Tate said...

lost your mojo???? i really enjoy both of those. You are crazy.

MichelleLanning said...

Oh she is getting big! Her eye looks better! Glad you got some scrapping in - I really like that layout that you made and the title - perfect!!

Jane said...

love the backpack pics!! and the LO is great!!!

Colleen said...

LOVE the cards and LO's! I have GOT to scrap today!! I also love how you took the pics of the LO... GOT to try that today too ;) ;)

~*AMY*~ said...

that card is totally gorgeous girl! you are like the queen of card making. i can't believe how big kennedy is getting..wow. such a sweet little thing.

Lynn said...

Wonderful LO and Card!! The backpack pics are cute too! She is sooooo cute!

Jen said...

That page is AWESOME!! Kennedy looks too cute with her little backpack!

Charley Madden said...

Awesome work as always, Danielle....love the title on your layout and that card is gorgeous!!! Kenna is adorable as well and I hope that it didn't rain today...

Anonymous said...

Can completely relate to the rain factor. We're suffering here too. LOVE the backpack, DS sings the song all the time. LOL Great cards and page! Love the detail shots.

Jamie

MichelleToolan said...

Danielle I hope your rain goes away! So funny about the backpack, Mia walked around our house today for like an hour with the same backpack on. So funny! Kenna is a DOLL!

heather taylor photography said...

ohhh, she's SO cute!! And I highly doubt you've lost your mojo.... those are beautiful!!

Sarah said...

Love that cardvarks card! I got it out of the gallery for you :)

Oh and Im tagging you
Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to list 7 not so well known things about you and then tag 7 people.

scrappy77 said...

Love that card Danielle! So creative with all those circles! I also love that lo, I love how you did the title! Happy 4th of July! Hope it's not raining today!

mrsdinlv said...

Great LO and congrats on the card getting accepted for publication! :-) I fear that I have lost my mojo lately too... Hope not!

Real Women Scrap said...

Not only do I love this page, but I love the way that you photographed it. The details and color are amazing.

kristy.lynn said...

kennedy is too cute w/ her pakpak, as mason calls it :)

congrads on the pub girlie :)

Jenney said...

I love that layout!! So cute!