10.14.2007

Kennedy's Story & photos of course!

*sorry again for the photo heavy post!*
Friday night we took Kennedy to Power Play - a kid's arcade. I only got my camera out once (my mother and grandma would be proud!). I HAD to get a shot of Kennedy and Daddy playing a "violent" gun game! She ate it up!

Saturday we met my friend Monica and her family at Paradise Park - which is essentially a children's paradise! The kids had so much fun! Kennedy really got into painting her face!! She loved their cooking project for the day and played in the make believe pizza parlor for a very long time! It is a great place for winter and rainy days!

PS- these photos are reflections taken in a mirror. I would LOVE some feedback! I had not tried it before and would love some tips! TIA!
shutter speed 1/200
aperture 5.6

Monday night we made "Spider Cupcakes!" See for yourself how enjoyable it was!

FROSTING...

SPRINKLES....
KENNA'S SPIDERS...
MOMMY'S SPIDERS...KENNEDY POSING WITH HER CUPCAKES!


Sunday night Kennedy was NOT tired. She tried to go to bed in her room for about an hour. Then I tried rocking her. Then we lied down in Mommy and Daddy's bed. And this is a story she decided to tell us.

K: 1st, I have to get the Strawberry cake! (clasps hands together in front of her chest) Yummy! Strawberries are yummy! I like strawberries!
M: Me too!
K: The storm cloud!(She screams) The storm cloud is coming! (she covers her eyes and whimpers). The storm cloud gonna get us. (points to the window) Go away storm cloud! Mommy like this 'go away storm cloud!'
M: Go away storm cloud!
K: 1st I have to get the strawberry cake at the store.
M: At the store?
K: Yeah. And there is a bear!
M: Oh my!
K: The bear isn't scary Mommy.
D: The bear is nice?
K: Yeah. Just pet it. (holds out hands to pet the air) Just pet it guys.
M & D: (pet the air)
K: And it goes up in the air! Whoosh!! (Pushes her arms above her head) Up high in the air!!(Swirls her arms above her head)
D: The bear is in the air?
K: Yeah - the bear up high!


Too fun!

Other things I need to jot down to remember:

Kennedy is interchangeably calling us Mom, Mommy, Momma and Dad, Daddy, Dada.

She is big into being clean. Before drinking she always says "I don't spill Mommy." And before eating she often says 'I need a bib" or "I don't get messy Mommy."

She is starting to work the pout... and throwing mini fits if she doesn't get her way... terrible 2's here we come!

When we leave the house, she always asks if Izzie the dog can come. Or she will say things like "Dogs can't go in the store, Mommy?" And when we return the first thing she does is call for Izzie and run to hug her.

Shampoo = shampoop

Tonight in the car it was dark. She said, "Momma, I see da moon!" Then she said, "I wanna sit on it."









6 comments:

kimB said...

Love the photos and the Kennedy story and "quips & quotes" :D! I think you did a great job taking photos in the mirror -- no tips from me!!

TFS - can't wait to read the nest installment ;)!

-- kimB

Mindy said...

those cupcakes were too cute! I like the mirror pics. I don't know if trying one w/o the flash would help saturate the color any. Great job and love shampoop!!

Jane said...

Those cupcakes are adorable and look like so much fun!!

cherie said...

fun post!!! like to read about your daughter such a fun age.Cupcakes look great.

Lynn/annasmom said...

The mirror shots look pretty good to me! Love the cupcakes and quotes!

pixelchick said...

1st these made me hungry, 2nd how cute is she and what cute cupcakes and 3rd love the story!