4.04.2008

One Month

It is really hard for me to believe that our little boy was born one month ago today. When I look at his photo I know it was real, but sometimes it feels like a dream. Well, really more like a nightmare. I was wondering today what he would be like if he were with us; a month old. He would likely recognize my voice. He might be intrigued by the mobile we had for him. He would be cooing, gurgling and maybe laughing. He might be noticing his hands or feet. Who knows. I wonder.
...
I just wanted to share this poem with everyone. My SIL Kate gave us a beautiful frame with the poem on it.
'Little I knew that morning, God was going to call your name, in live we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone, for part of me went with you, the day God called you home. You left us beautiful memories, your love is still our guide, and though we cannot see you, you are always by our side. Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same, but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.'
...
I know Sam made a great impression on all those he met that day. Just yesterday we got a letter from his neonatalogist about how much Sam touched her and how she thinks of us often.
...
Happy one month my dear boy.



16 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Danielle,

I just want to tell you that you are so very strong. I know that your strength comes from the Lord and I'm so glad that He has so much to give. If you need anything just let me know.

Kim :)

Shannadl said...

Danielle,

Hard to believe that already a month has passed; you truly are remarkable.

Shanna

cherie said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son but your faith in the lord shows through and I tell you others will see Jeus in you by how you are living and dealing with this loss.

Jennifer said...

Thinking of you today....the poem is so very touching!

Michelle said...

Danielle...
It's so hard to believe it has been a month already. The poem you have on your blog is beautiful and so touching. The pictures just bring tears to my eyes and make my heart hurt for you. You have such amazing strength...and your faith is very apparent. Thinking of you and your precious family.

Take care...
Michelle.

Danielle said...

Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos with us. He is just as precious as can be. Danielle, your family is still in my prayers. I've been thinking about you.

kristy.lynn said...

love you girl. thanks for sharing your story with us. your strength gives me strength. i admire you girl.

Julie said...

Love the poem Danielle. The pics are sweet too. Thinking of you often.

Ashley Harris said...

Danielle,

Wow. You are an amazing woman! Hugs to you and your family. I think of you often.

Ashley

Jan said...

Htanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts with us all! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. GOd bless you!

Charley Madden said...

Oh, how very beautiful....the poem, the photos, your thoughts...hugs, love, and prayers.

Chrys said...

Danielle,

You have been in my thoughts every day. I trust the Lord that he will continue to give you comfort as the days continue to pass by. I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayers.

Hugs,
Chrys

Sonda T said...

I'm still praying for you Danielle! It is hard to believe it's been a month. You are such a strong Christian woman! Hugs!

Raechelle said...

The poem is beautiful. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing these precious photos with us, they are beautiful.
Rae

Andrea Amu said...

The anniversary/birthdays are always so difficult... always hard to comprehend... sometimes the passage of time seems to creep by but for the most part it flies! It's a battle that I wish nobody had to be a part of!

You continue to be in my heart and prayers, Danielle! The poem is absolutely beautiful, and ohhh so true!

Take care :)

Shanna said...

Danielle,

I'm not sure if I have even peeked in on you before from CMK but today I did for some reason. I am sitting here in tears for several reasons. I have been so wrapped up in my own little world...I had no idea about little Samuel. I knew you were having him a few weeks before I had Brody. I can't even imagine what you must have gone thru and STILL go thru on a daily basis. I have struggled emotionally since I had Brody but after reading your blog it made me realize I am so very fortunate to have the trials I do. And I shouldn't take things for granted. You are such a wonderful example of courage and faith for me! Hang in there girl!!! And thanks sooooooo much for sharing your family and heart with us. I am thankful I found this today....I will try and live everyday better because of it....you're my hero!

Hugs! ~Shanna