6.18.2007

Father's Day Weekend


What a BUSY BUSY weekend!!!! Saturday Kennedy and I went to KidsFest! She had a blast - I am so glad we went! Some of the photos on the previous post are from that day as well as the above photo of the little "jailbird!"

For Father's Day we went to the Zoo! What a blast! This girl is scared of NOTHING!!!!! She was so into every animal and loved riding the train around the zoo!We were able to feed nectar to the Lorikeets - it was a truly amazing experience to have them eat out of your hand! Kennedy is feeding one below and I had 2 land on my arm and share!!

Kennedy had a great time ROARING at the sleeping lions!
The carousel is new to the zoo this year and it is gorgeous! So bright and beautiful! Kennedy had a blast! The carousel at the mall is now gone so she was itching for a ride!!!



Kennedy was dissapointed she didn't get to touch every animal! She thought she should be able to get in ALL the cages and play with each of them!!!
She was allowed to touch an 8ft boa constrictor though!!!!!!! She wasn't scared a bit! In fact, after this she petted a black throated monitor too! She had to go back to the boa a second time because she loved it so much!! She is a true dare devil!
And this is just a funny shot from last week. She is fighting naps lately and I worry that she is almost ready to give them u. :( I enjoy getting a little time to myself! One day last week I told her she had to stay in her bed. After an hour I could still hear her singing and making noises so I went to check on her. And this is what I saw!!!!She will hop out of bed to grab a book and RUN back into her bed! Hey, I won't complain about her reading too much! I love that she has a passion for books! :)

Ok, that is all for now! Have a great week my friends!

12 comments:

scrappy77 said...

Wow she is brave! I would be afraid to pet some of those animals! And what a nice carousel they have!
They picture of her in bed is too cute!! You will have to scrap that!! Have a geat week!

cherie said...

fun fun photos. what acute little jail bird you have on your hands. and boy is she ever brave....snakes yikes.love the one of her looking through the glass. captured some great family time here!

Naranjos said...

Beautiful Photos, Looks like ya'll had a great weekend!

Charley Madden said...

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time at the zoo!!! What an animal lover she is...so cool that she isn't afraid...funny about the books....my oldest LOVES books too...sorry about the naps as well, Garrett stopped at two....

mrsdinlv said...

Great pictures from the zoo - that is one of my fav places to go and take photos! Love the one of her in jail - the look on her face is great! And what a brave little girl (much more brave than me!). Have a great week at Grandma's!

tasra said...

Jailbird photo is my favorite. What an innocent face! Those birds were pretty amazing too. Great memories captured!

MichelleLanning said...

Danielle - what awesome photos these are -- she IS a little daredevil - that is awesome though - so many new experiences for her......she is getting so big...and you know ME and the naps - no help here!

Gayle said...

Thank you for sharing your weekend with us! What a cutie pie you have! Like the dof with the birds on your arm. How fun!

kristy.lynn said...

i am SO loving the picture of kennedy in her little bloomer/shorts things... oh the things you miss with a boy... great pictures girl.. great job ;)

Dana Tate said...

I can identify with that last one...Kennedy will do that for her naps too! GREAT ZOO Pics!

Monica said...

hey we were at the zoo on Fathers day too! It was a great day I can tell!!

pdxscrappinmamma said...

I agree with everyone else. What a brave little one......YIKES, who likes snakes????? I love the one where she's got her hand on the glass and we just see the back of her, she looks like she wants to reach out and touch the little feller.