6.08.2007

This week in review

While Daddy had a work conference out of state, Kennedy and I went up north to visit the grandparents! She had a fabulous time as always!

Get ready for an onslaught of photos! *Remember you can always see a photo larger by double clicking directly on the photo!*

Here is Kennedy playing her favorite make believe game of "Scary Monster!"Here she is eating yummy ice cream with chocolate sauce with Grandma Jodie!We were lucky this trip that Kennedy got to see her cousins Eva, Calvin and Emma. Eva and Kennedy are around a month apart in age. Can you tell which is older?! Grandpa Doug, the wildlife biologist, gave Kennedy some great animal lessons! A bird had nested right outside their back door and it had 3 babies. Kennedy checked on them each time she went outside. She was really interested! She was also interested in chasing the bigger birds around the backyard. She would say "I catch a buhdie!" and would be amazed that each time "Da buhdie fly away, Mommy!"
She is also very interested in bugs. ANY bug that moves. She doesn't care what it is. She made Grandpa pick up a gazillion ants for closer inspection! What a sweet Grandpa!
She also visited her great grandparents whom she loves to see!Kennedy currently has a HUGE crush on her Uncle Ryan. She cannot wait to see him each time she goes up to Iowa! She will continually ask where he is until he arrives! And then when he does she gives him the HUGEST grin!!! While we were there I asked her if she missed her dog, Izzy. She said, "No, I miss Ryan!"
This photo is just a new favorite of mine! Don't really know why! Maybe because it show her little sunkissed arms and how she is constantly in motion!Here are some things Kennedy is currently doing and saying. I just don't want to forget them so I will record them here!!

Swimmy cool = swimming pool

Like this mommy - I am supposed to copy her- whatever she is doing! Maybe touching our head, swirling in circles, or crawling on all fours! She loves to play copy cat!

Stand up please. Stand up up up. (from Dora)

While getting her nails painted:
Pwehtty mommy! Oh pwehtty! I show Izzie! Izzie, see da pwehtty?!

When we approach a Rail Road track:
Here come uh bumpy mommy And we MUST say "wooaaahh" when we go over the tracks! She will remind you if you forget!

Ahshway? pointing forward at an intersection.

Ah weech da sky = I reach the sky.

Below is our little neighbor boy and Kennedy. I just was watching them interact yesterday and had to record their conversation. I thought it was too cute!
S: Hi Kennedy!
Kennedy: Hi!!!
S: Wanna see my new bike?
Kennedy: Silence and stares.
S: Do you like my new bike?
Kennedy: Ah na mail - holding out the mail to him.
S: Do you know how fast my bike goes?
Kennedy: Points at me.
S: Bye.
Kennedy: Bye Zach. (that is not his name!)
S: Bye.
Kennedy: Bye.

And finally, a layout I did recently about Kennedy's 2nd birthday!

5 comments:

MichelleLanning said...

oh my goodness - that is so cute - alyson said some of the same things! LOVe her convo with the neighbor kid - Zack -- rofl!!!! So glad you updated!

~*AMY*~ said...

love the pics girl..she is growing so much!!!

mrsdinlv said...

She is so adorable Danielle! I love how you wrote down the things she is currently saying so that you don't forget them and the conversation with the neighbor boy - so cute!!! Can't wait till I have a cutie of my own someday!

bsgirl said...

you are wonderful at typing out her phrases...totally cracked me up. Love that idea!! I can not tell you is oldest between her & her cousin?? Wonderful pictures of her & family!!! Love the captions too! She is just beautiful..bet you are the proud momma.

Charley Madden said...

Great blog and great pics!!! Love how you tell us the things she is saying....brings back some things my boys said....She really is such an adorable little thing!!!!