6.18.2008

I want you to be my husband!!!

Tonight I was reading Kennedy a Bible story, the story of Noah and the great flood. We have read it before but this time something new caught her attention. We were talking about Noah's wife and his son's wives. Kennedy asked who her wife was. So I tried to explain to her about men and women getting married and that we call them husband and wife, yada yada. So she asked who her husband was. I told her she wouldn't have one until she grew to be much, much older. Then she could pick any man she wanted to be her husband. She was quiet for a moment and said to me, "I want YOU to be my husband!" And she gave me a huge hug!




I recently returned from a wonderful trip to New York City with my mother, and our cousins Deb and Kay. They served as our own personal tour guides because they had been there numerous times before! We saw sooo many sites - I can't explain how fun it was! I haven't gone through the 600 photos I took yet. (Yes, I really took 600+ photos! Thank goodness for digital!!!) But here are a few!



This is THOTH. He performs near Bethesda Fountain in Central Park. If you aren't familiar with THOTH, you need to check him out!!! Quite an interesting fellow!
Here is mom and Kay at the Today show! Yes, we got to be on TV!!! The camera just panned us, we didn't get interviewed but that was ok with us!!!
Here is Mom and I....true tourists visiting the Statue of Liberty!!!!

And just a fun shot of Kay and I (with Deb in front) on one of our MANY subway rides!!!

I also just wanted to share with you all the gift I made Jeff for Father's Day. I tried my hand at digital scrapping and created an album. I used an amazing kit from Liz Tamanaha over at Paislee Press. You can see the album on Shutterfly here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/project/3BZsWLFsxcV/landing

I would love to know your thoughts on it!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Love what little Missy K said Danielle. Very cute.

Great pics looks like you had an great time.

I love the album you did too.

Heather said...

That's so funny what Kennedy said! So sweet!

I LOVE the album you made! I love the simplicity of it. It lets the focus remain on the pictures. And I love all of the quotes and journaling you used, too.

Looks like you had a great time in NYC!

maria W said...

awww she is so cute i love what she said i bet made you smile big:)

i love the photos looks like you had fun!

Hope said...

How cute about the husband comment! Great photos of NYC! I want to go back there so bad!

Shannadl said...

Beautiful album!

NYC looks like fun...hope life is good your way.

Danielle said...

The shutterfly album is completely gorgeous. What a treasure.

What a fun trip you had! Love the pics!

Oh, and how sweet....my girls have asked my husband to be their husband before. hehee...

TanishaRenee said...

Sounds like your trip to NY was fun!

Kennedy is too funny- Donovan told me that he wanted to marry me when he grew up. They say the cutest things!

Kim Ryden said...

The husband comment will make a great scrapbook page! Can't wait to see that one.

The book that you made is AWESOME! I'm sure that he loved it and you both will treasure it and Sammy forever!

Thanks for sharing.

Debbie :-) said...

Hey Danielle! Great photos of NY...looks like fun!!
Love your beautiful album!
Enjoy the weekend! :-)